Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What if the "live cabinet" Co's. like Audio Note are right?
Re:Ouch! [message #47481 is a reply to message #47480] Mon, 15 August 2005 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GrantMarshall is currently offline  GrantMarshall
Viscount

I've been to enough live concerts to have an opinion.

There was the Eagles concert where they pointed the speakers at the grandstand. What a suprise. It produced an echo. Got to listen to all the songs twice, about 3 seconds apart.

A concert is much more than sound. It's the friends girlfriend looking at the blown up rubbers and saying "Oh, look at the clear balloons". It's the smell in the air (not at all concerts), the pleasure of seeing something done where there are no second takes. Concerts often involve friends, food, and music. Not a bad time at all but not an experience a sound system alone will ever reproduce.

I don't think baltic birch or MDF makes or breaks a speaker. Give me an artist singing music that suits my mood and it's already better than music I don't feel like listening to on a "superior" system.

I hear you on the distortion free, good dyanmics, etc. Bill. It's an interesting thing though. I talked to a guy at a local speaker shop who told me the people that enjoy their systems most tend to have mid-range systems. The people with high-end systems always think that something should be better.

And on those words....have a good night Bill.

Grant.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What recommendation for home theater?
Next Topic: tuning the Alpha 10"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 03 14:15:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout