Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Alpha 15 in 8 cubic foot box
Re: Alpha 15 in 8 cubic foot box [message #46811 is a reply to message #46810] Tue, 03 May 2005 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
After building Guinevere, I realized (thanks to manualblock) that I should be put off the amp until I get some sensitive speakers. I was trying to piece together a set of Altec Model 19s, but the cost of original drivers is just outrageous. I did, however, manage to get a set of 811b lenses.

What I would like to do is recreate, using a Pi kit, a set of Model 19s. The plans I will use are linked below. Seems pretty straight forward with very few cuts. The internal volume is around 8 cubic feet, so that was why I asked about that particular volume. So, my question: how would I modify the porting to tune the Delta 15 for best response?

The next question deals with the HF driver included in the Pi 4 Theater Series Bass Reflex, namely the PSD2002. I saw you did some computer simulation using this driver with the 811b and seemed to get a pretty good response (http://www.audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/messages/9345.html) using the crossover 1K6a008dB. In real life, how does this comination sound? How easily does the PSD2002 connect to the 811b? Also, is this particluar crossover included in the Pi 4 Theater Series kit?.....Colin

PS Many congrats on a very successful show. Please keep the pictures coming....

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Eight PI as extended midrange system
Next Topic: GPAF coverage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 16:30:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects