Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I went back to the "right x-over" and lost something
Re: I went back to the "right x-over" and lost something [message #46684 is a reply to message #46681] Sun, 10 April 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bill,
Don't forget that you are still using a 16 ohm 2226. Therefore most likely you are still a few db shy of what the 8 ohm 2226 would give you. Also, i am using 14db attenuation on mine.

I am ready to install my JBL E-130's reconed to 2225's which are slightly more efficient than the 2226, but mostly in the midrange area above 80hz. They might be around 98.4 db/watt per the LH forum gurus. The extra efficiency is due to the E-130 magnet structure which is more powerful than the stock 2225 magnetic structure.

I am looking forward to incorporating my JBL 2242 sub to take care of any "BASS" duties! This is one "Bad-ass" driver (18")and I have a 1000 watt plate amp with adjustable EQ. I figure to use it up to maybe 60hz to 80hz. Hmmmmm wonder why "pipe organ" music is coming to mind.......

Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: zobel network..many doubts!!
Next Topic: Can I just sandbag it?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 04 05:16:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout