Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » He He....I traded Speakerman right out of his undies!!
Re: Bill's 902's came from GP!!! [message #46660 is a reply to message #46655] Tue, 05 April 2005 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm sure if they came from Bill they have already had the treatment. If not, removal of the caps is an advantage. I hear you about switching drivers, i have at least 5 pairs of various altec drivers. They are all (within a given format) more or less the same with differences in diaprams and rear loading, felt or loading cap. An of course the alnico/ferrite distinction. I have jbl 2425H which I have not tried but I understand from wayne and others they are pretty much the same as the 2526, seems like I believe there is a slight magnet difference, or at least a few specs varied slightly. Now you've got me wanting to try the JBLs on the A7s...I have a 500 hz crossover, will the JBLs be okay at home volumes crossed over this low? its an altec 2nd order crossover. I've been saving the 2425s and a NOS pair of 2123H and a pair of 2225H for a 7Pi corner horn with midhorn, but never seem to get around to the boxes. I have thought about building some crossovers like you have there, out of more modern parts.

Regards,
Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message