Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » He He....I traded Speakerman right out of his undies!!
But he would not sell me "Muse", the cat!!! [message #46654 is a reply to message #46650] Tue, 05 April 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne,
If you get the "Iconic" 902's there will be some happy folks out there as long as they stay the way the original 902B's were built.

I worry about companies that have lessened in quality to make ends meet. There are companies who are falling by the wayside on a regular basis. And some of those companies are very big.

I don't know about the LF drivers you are looking at. Altecs lineup of 416/515 were their bread and butter series, but required large enclosures(416 - 8.5cu' - tuned to 28hz), and the 515 is even more of a midbass driver. Not a prob if you have a sub underneath.

Other topic here. I finally got my 2242H 18" JBL sub-woofer installed in a 8.8 cu ' box tuned to 28hz.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about moving some serious air!!!!!!

I have only hooked it up to test it out(heavy bass music-no mid or tweeter or crossover, just straight up to the amp).

Can't wait to integrate it with my 2226 and 902 on Edgarhorn(650hz).

My crossover is your standart 4 Pi-pro with .68 ufd MPP caps bypassing the caps in the PE 1.6khz hi-pass crossover.

Took some time to burn in the new crossover(drivers are already burned in). I think it will still smooth out with more time(only have 14 hrs on it so far).

By the way: Altec 902 beat out the JBL 2426 in my un-official shootout in my home. The upper HF response was much superior.

Time to quit wasting bandwidth now!!

Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message