Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » He He....I traded Speakerman right out of his undies!!
Bill's 902's came from GP!!! [message #46653 is a reply to message #46648] Tue, 05 April 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Russell,
Bill went home with 902's from Bill H/Great Plains. These are new units other than me using them as I am the original purchaser. So these(even though they say 902T on the back are 902B's.

Bill had no 902B decals, so I said better to have a wrong one for looks than none at all.

The only reason Bill went home with them is because I have a pair of used 902B's with "push-terminals" and Bill sends them with industrial spade lugs that I can't use as I am always swapping out horns and drivers like most folks change underwear.

The 806 is a smaller magnet version of the 802(both having aluminum diaphrams). Putting a symbiotik diaphram in a 802 becomes a 808, and the same in a 806 becomes a 807. Better power handling, poor HF top end response. There is always a compromise somewhere. All 4 of these models are alnico. The 902 is a ferrite magnet/tangerine phase plug.

I just did a unofficial shoot-out with a JBL 2426 and found the 902 superior(to my ears). The 2426 is higher output in the upper midrange, the 902 is better on the upper HF area.

Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message