Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » large woofers, small room, sound quality?
Re: Many here use Pi speakers with 2A3 SETs [message #46596 is a reply to message #46591] Tue, 29 March 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Garland garland is currently offline  Garland garland
Chancellor
I listen with the speakers about 8' away from me, about 10' apart and angled in to fire directly at me. This is about the same as the Vandersteen 2Ci's that I used with Adcom amps. These Pi speakers are great at all volume levels. The soundstage is very broad in my room with not alot of depth, however. The palpability is great and any flaws in recordings are laid bare. The Theater 4s with their Eminence drivers lack only the slightest bit in resolution; the more expensive models may well prove to be the ultimate. Since these speakers can play quite dynamically, some may find them too "in your face", but I love 'em and don't want music to sound like it's coming from a can, or box! By "in your face I don't mean to imply that the music is too forward; the music is generally in the plane of the speakers but extending often well to the outsides and sometimes the music totally obliterates the walls of the room and transports you to the recording venue, esp. on simply recorded live jazz recordings: my favorites!

G.

G.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New power amp IC's as AudioExpress
Next Topic: Full range with seven pi corner horns?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 10:15:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio