Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Review - Studio Series one pi
Re: Review - Studio Series one pi [message #46331 is a reply to message #46330] Tue, 15 February 2005 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
RMW is currently offline  RMW
Baron
Thank YOU Wayne! I wish you could hear them. They were built to be listened to.

Like I said earlier, I'm no woodworker - I don't pretend to be, hence the flat black chalkboard finish and the dark gray grill cloth. I envy those who can build loudspeakers that sound great and are also beautiful furniture. My goal was minimum attention to form and maximum attention to function - stick to the plans and run any variations past the designer for the final word.

A quick glance might lead you to believe that you're looking at the backs of the boxes, because the grill cloth covers everything except the terminal cups. This is a compromise that I'm quite willing to live with. Unorthodox, yes, but also unique. It boils down to the fact that I built these suckers to please me - the look is perfectly acceptable to me, and the sound is what's important.

The DIY Audio forum let me to the attached link today - I agree with much of what is said there. Food for thought....

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message