Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » One pi - almost ready
Re: One pi - almost ready [message #46242 is a reply to message #46162] Thu, 03 February 2005 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
RMW is currently offline  RMW
Baron
Setback...my neighbor and I got together last night, and using his router and the new Jasper jig, we did the through holes for LF and HF drivers, plus port and terminal cups - all on the baffle. Tonight we were planning to cut recesses/rebates, using his router table and his brand new Sears 1/2" rabbeting bit. We did a test cut on a piece of scrap, and found that the 1/2" referred to the depth of the bit, and the actual width of the bit's cut was only 3/8" - 1 1/4" diameter bit minus 1/2" bearing diameter divided by two. I did an extraordinary job of managing my rage....

I'll be picking up a real 1/2" bit tomorrow, so it's not the end of the world, but I have run into another issue, and need some help and advice. We did the port cutout 2 1/2" according to the plans, and I discovered that the cardboard mailing tube I picked up at Staples does not conform to the design specs. Specifically:

1. The 2 1/2" mailing tube, made and purchased in Canada, is 2 1/2" ID, so the tubing does not fit in a 2 1/2" cutout.

2. The tube's wall thickness is roughly 0.1", not 0.03" as specified in Wayne's plans.

Questions:

1. Can anyone on the north side of the 49th recommend a source for a tube that will suit for this application?

2. If 1 is a no go, question for Wayne - would you be willing to sell me a suitable mailing tube? OD = 2 1/2", wall thickness = 0.03", length = 24". (Did I mention I'm working on six identical cabinets for my HT?)

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stoetkit arrived!
Next Topic: what's the grande cabinet option?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 00:21:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio