Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi 2 Towers.....help
Re: Prices.... [message #46203 is a reply to message #46202] Thu, 27 January 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Wayne actually has very competitive pricing, so I would direct you to him for an estimate. Items you will need are: H290 horn, PSD2002, crossover. I think this set up will get you 85% to 90% there to what the Theatre PI's have to offer, without starting from scratch on another cabinet.

In terms of crossover, Wayne should be able to help you with that too. It's a variation of the crossover used in this 3PIs and 4PIs. He'll put together network that includes a 2nd order low-pass, 3rd order high-pass at 1600Hz, attenuation to match the tweeter with the woofer, and compensation for the tweeter in its upper range. You can download a detailed description of this network from his website a www.pispeakers.com.

As for fit, look up the dimensions of the H290 horn on Eminence's website: www.eminence.com to determine if you have room. Like I said, I followed the orignal plan exactly and was short 1/4" between the Alpha10 and top panel. Frustrating cause it was only 1/4".

Not much to show photo-wise. Imagine a horn sitting on top of the Tower. However, if you can fit the horn on your front baffle, it might look something like my Theater 3's.

Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Theatre 3 and 4s