Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » horn types?
Re: horn types? [message #46057 is a reply to message #46055] Wed, 22 December 2004 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Perhaps not. I forgot you probably have a limited choice of x-over frequencies on the surround processor, so the beta might not go low enough. You might get away with 80Hz but you would want a high order slope when running a Beta that low. I quess 75Hz 2nd order is standard. It's just my poor stereo brain in a big surround world.

I know the 1Pi (Alpha 8) is great. I helped a friend build some 1Pi kits and he uses them for main, center and rear with a retail sub, very nice indeed. I was very impressed and will recommend to anyone looking at this size and power class of speaker. It is interresting that he did not have issue with the magnet under his TV, but I can not say if yours will be the same. All considered, My first thought the other day was 1Pi and That is still what I think. Wayne has everything you need, and probably has a good idea how to pad down the apt 50 to work in a 1Pi, since I know you want a horn on top.
Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Piezo info
Next Topic: Virginia Beach Area Pi Speaker owners?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 06:04:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio