Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Very interesting article/experiments
Re: Very interesting article/experiments [message #45895 is a reply to message #45893] Fri, 26 November 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi all,
Interesting thoughts on time/phase alignment. There are a lot of theories that I have heard on this, but the easiest way to see is to have a horn on top of a low freq driver and actually slide the horn back and forth to listen to the changes it makes.

Also like Wayne mentions often, the crossover type plays a big difference in the alignment. I have found 1st order crossovers most forgiving in alignment errors, and I have found that with higher order crossovers that the physical alignment to get it all right is different also.

I use the text-book method when trying out a new system, than experiment afterwards to see how far off from textbook the results are.

I would like to acknowledge Sam Payne Jr for steering me in the right direction a few years ago. I believe the beginning of it started in the Pi forum. I have not heard from Sam in awhile, wonder what he is up to lately???

Bill, have you moved your horns back around yet?????? LOL

Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tweeter option for 2 pi