Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Some Questions Regarding This PA Subwoofer
Remember my 35hz plans? [message #45797 is a reply to message #45796] Mon, 15 November 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Well currently my 2226 is in 175litres 33hz tuned with +6db boost at 35hz(inbuilt plate amp which i cant be bothered removing)Although it definately is loud enough,why not have more SPL headroom for pants flapping stuff with less resonant behaviour and more fidelity!

FINALLY the $$$ is coming through that i was missing - so im keen to cut MOST of the horn myself with skillsaw and a guide.

I can use woodglue/silicon sealant incase i get it slightly wrong;-)
Exterior will probably be just paint - I was thinking of a dark blue rather than boring black.I can always change it!

This way i save alot of money that wouldve been spent on the joiner! the only part he might do,is the throat baffle,because it costs heaps to rent a router.My horn only has the ONE critical 2 mitre angles on the baffle,he could do that one + wont cost much.

Ive been having a serious think about horns,and I can only have 1pi loading.

35hz i think is a good compromise,i wont notice a couple of hz,and it keeps the basshorn abit smaller.I dont want to build a 50hz horn then want a lower cutoff!!

Unfortunately alot of the horn volume is Vrc..But as an example 2 12"s on the same horn requires about the same.

All set to go! Just wondering about speaker terminal connector now..

Regards
Mike.e

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message