Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » manualblock
Re: Raised hardwood floors and crawlspaces [message #45495 is a reply to message #45493] Thu, 30 September 2004 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Very popular altec, the model 19. I would definately go with the 416
for that one , as the woofer is straight bass reflex. I love the A-7,
I have the later 828 cabs with the sealed flares. BUT.. they are gigantic! with that in mind I have collected a pair of JBL 2225h and a pair of jbl 2425h. With these, I can build a 4PI, much smaller at 28x18x15 or there abouts. Also,with these drivers could do the 7PI, and with addition of the midhorn, the 3way PI7. I am trying to find time to build the boxes, and just can't, so now I am looking for a cabinet builder in the Kansas City area. ( Yes, I am fully aware that all our sports teams are sucking deluxe). How is a larger board easier for us older guys to surf on? Not doubting, just know nothing about surfing. The house where I stayed in Costa Rica was located at "Beaches of Nosora", very close to the ocean, and there were several boards there, seems like they were around 7 feet or so, and very "pointy" on the ends. Man, do I ever miss that place, I need to go back bad. If I hadn't had a house full of pets back home, I think I would have abandoned it and the practice of law and become a bum. I continually met people who had done precisely that. What a place!
The day I left I was lamenting to some local expats who smiled and said, " that is not our problem" " It doesn't have to be yours"
surfing in my mind,
Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message