Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » manualblock
Re: Raised hardwood floors and crawlspaces [message #45492 is a reply to message #45491] Thu, 30 September 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have never surfed my self, have played with boogie boards and so forth, to surf has always been a dream for me, and I swear my next visit I may go solo for lesons. I need to now, as I am in my forties. I have both the 5158g, as well as a set of 416 8c. Difficult to say which I like better, I listen to one for a few months and think it is superior, then change my mind when I switch back. Right now I would give the edge to the 416 8c. It is usually a little less expensive, has slightly lower bass, and seems somewhat more transparent. Of course, the 416 8c is in there now!
the 5158g seems to have a more powerful midrange. Either of these drivers is great in the A-7. As for reflex, the 416 is superior,( in my opinion) although the 515 88g is not that far off. The 515 8g was specifically designed for an application like the A-7, horn on front and reflex on back. Do you surf? I have loads of questions on that topic.

Thanks, Russellc

Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message