Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » manualblock
Re: Raised hardwood floors and crawlspaces [message #45483 is a reply to message #45472] Tue, 28 September 2004 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Thanks guys, I think I have a handle on it now. The only remaining thing is something manualblock mentioned, "Sistering joists together", could you please explain this, do you mean connecting together in some fashion? Obviously, I have hardwood floors, but have not noticed bass problems. HOWEVER, most of the speaker systems I have do not go that low. Main main room system uses A-7 altec, which do not have a lot of low bass.( the rest have even less) I have plenty of room under the floor, as there is a basement... sort of... more like a celler, but with cement floors where the water heater and furnace are. Part of it is crawl space. It is awful "spidery" back there! Snakes, bats, lizards (including giant water snakes and 5 1/2 ft iguana lizards in costa rica) do not bother me in the least but I am flat horrified of spiders! (shutter)

Cheers,
Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message