Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Re:harshness & sibliance
Re:harshness & sibilance [message #45407 is a reply to message #45406] Wed, 22 September 2004 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Like I said in the E-mail, you will want to try to isolate the problem. Find out what frequency seems to be over-represented using whatever tools are at your disposal. A process of elimination might help find the cause too. Then, you'll be in a better position to know what to do to solve it. You may find that a touch of midrange EQ in the overtone region might be all you need. Or it may even be a simple matter of changing settings on the DVD player.

If you think your speakers are at fault, you might check your tweeter compensation network. It looked alright to me from the photos, but it wouldn't hurt to double-check. It affects the vocal overtone region of the response curve, so if it's not right, vocals will sound raspy and harsh. The vocal fundamentals come from the midwoofer. I think the Omega 15 does a fine job in this regard, but you can also try some JBL 2226's. Another option you might consider is adding a midhorn with one of the 10" drivers.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Anyone use a diferent tweeter for the studio 2?
Next Topic: Pi 2 question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 10 03:34:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout