Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Heresy components and pi speakers ?
Re: Additional thought [message #45330 is a reply to message #45326] Wed, 08 September 2004 12:15 Go to previous message
dwkurfma is currently offline  dwkurfma
Baron
In case you pop back in - sorry not to get this out earlier but I only drop by once in a while. I would be cautious about trying to "convert" to a Cornwall. Several different versions of Heresy and Cornwall, based on year, with different drivers. Midhorn was not same and used different cutoff. I certainly liked the 4pi speaker I heard, and selling the Heresy and starting from scratch is one good approach. However, if I were doing this, I would probably build a 4 way with the Omega 15 ported, the Klipsch 12 in a sealed sub-enclosure, and the existing horn mid and highs. Use a PI alignment or possibly an EBS oriented alignment, say 6 cubic feet, fb 32. In quarter space this is going to be nearly flat into the sub-30 hz range without eq and unless you are driving the socks off of it you shouldn't need to worry about power limitations above fb. If your electronics support it, go with a good class A/B plate amp to drive the Omega. You will be able to level match relatively easily, free up additional power to drive the mids and highs with less clipping, reduce modulation distortion (if you belong to the camp that goes along with that idea). Besides, think how it would look with the front exposed! Any way you go at it, good luck. Big, but efficient, clean, and very powerful.

Dan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Transcendent SE OTL and Pi Thermionic 3's
Next Topic: ideal enclosure volume for alpha 10
Goto Forum: