Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi speakers are not just "fun" speakers
Re: Forgot to mention detail and nuance [message #45277 is a reply to message #45275] Thu, 26 August 2004 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree with your observations and I believe this is a very worthwhile discussion, especially considering the reasonable manner in which it is conducted.
I too have thought carefully on these aspects of sound. The ability to resolve low level details has meaning for me in the way the Pi's will allow small sounds to be heard in tangent with loud and complicated passages in the music.I notice this Particularlly on recordings of Jazz where there may be a hornsection chorus while the bass notes of the Keyboard tracks the acoustic bass in the background at very low volume, the tones of the string bass are clearly defined alongside the bass notes on the Piano.
Another pet peeve with many current speakers is the impression of various instruments changing as they alter key or scale. In other words, I hear brass appear to become larger or smaller as they ascend the scale; same with vocals, the singers head gets larger depending on the notes or key they sing in. I am sure this is some frequency dependent anamolie but I don't hear it with the Pi's.
On many speakers certain sounds,tones and instruments seem out of place whereas on the Pi's everything appears in it's natural state, what you hear at a concert; I guess that equates to That Live Sound!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ping "Wayne Mark" !!!!
Next Topic: pi with 1 watt amps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 10 18:23:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations