Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi speakers are not just "fun" speakers
Re: Definition of "Accurate" [message #45272 is a reply to message #45271] Wed, 25 August 2004 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hi Garman; I too have Polk RT 25i's and the 450 sub. They are nice for what they are but all these two way sub. combo's start to sound the same flat; lacking prescence and unmusical. Ten yrs. ago I would have never touched horn speakers and big woofers. Ten yrs before that it was what we listened to, horns and big woofers. I know now that much of the music from 1980 -1990 was mixed for the smaller speakers and that is why it sounds good on them.
Going back to the rock/jazz/pop of my youth sounds great on the PI's and now the current crop of mixmasters seem to be utilizing similar systems of old. I think that is part of it.
The ear does not perceive a flat frequency response; it has anamolies of it's own as well as effects from trauma(Loud Rock or Jackhammers) medications, environmental issues etc. So who can say what things should sound like through an electronic system.
Thats why I will describe the sounds I like but I never call them accurate. I agree that dynamics are the foundation of a good speaker.
Thanks for Listening J.R.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ping "Wayne Mark" !!!!
Next Topic: pi with 1 watt amps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 10 18:23:19 CDT 2024