Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi speakers are not just "fun" speakers
Definition of "Accurate" [message #45271 is a reply to message #45265] Wed, 25 August 2004 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
James,

I've lived with a PI Speaker in one form or another for almost a year, and one of the things I've learned during that time is that there are many ways to define "accurate". Like the people you talked about, I was initially taken back by how different the PI Two Towers sounded, compared to something like my Polk Audios. The Polks (and its generic sound) were what I was used to and I didn't know what to make of this 10" paper cone driver.

To me, the 2PI Towers has a colour to its tone and in that respect, is not accurate. HOWEVER 1) its tonal "inaccuracy" is non-offensive and I quickly adjusted to it as the new "normal", and 2) it was more accurate sounding than the Polks because of its better dynamics.

You know what my big lesson with the PI's are? Dynamics is more important in creating an accurate presentation of live music than a ruler flat response. If a speaker too hot, too warm, or too midrangy, the ear can adjust for that. But if it compresses, it will always sound dead and inaccurate, regardless of how flat the response is.

Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ping "Wayne Mark" !!!!
Next Topic: pi with 1 watt amps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 10 18:26:49 CDT 2024