Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Is Pi for me
Re: Is Pi for me [message #45197 is a reply to message #45193] Tue, 17 August 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hi Chad; As a former owner of Klipsch Cornwalls I see many have chosen this path. I traded them and built a pair of Pi Theater 4's. The beauty of these speakers is this; when I finished assembling them I put them downstairs to break-in. We have a high power solid state system down there and let me tell you they do rock. From Los Lobos to Oasis to Van Halen they lit up the room with sound. I must admitt at the time I wasn't sure of their ability to resolve the finer nuances of Jazz and Classical. About three months ago I moved them upstairs to the listening room. I used a single ended tube amp with a Linn TT and Seduction phono stage. Not only do they resolve, they brought life and breadth to the sound. Dave Alvin to John Prine; Allison Krause and Nanci Griffith, they all sounded real and immediate; like they are in the room.
Lush and full; female voices sound true to life, not like the etched glassy sound you get from a lot of the high end stuff. The cabinets are easy to build and the choice of finish is your's. I believe for the price they are the best deal out there. J.R.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: woofers for sub horn
Next Topic: How much power can my 4 pi premium take?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 10 15:59:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio