Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Holy Trigonometry!
Re: Great link - and there's always Dr. Math [message #44592 is a reply to message #44588] Sat, 08 May 2004 21:07 Go to previous message
Duncan McBride is currently offline  Duncan McBride
Baron

Hey, thanks. They look better in the pictures than in person, but I'm looking forward to hearing them. If I hadn't been so impatient, I'd be ordering the kits now, but it's been interesting so far.

You're right, the angle of the sides would vary on the tractrix. On a straight sided conical the angle should be the same all the way. I was able to cut the verticals along each edge and when I propped up the bottom piece to a reasonable angle I could just set the sides in place and put the top on, and it would sit there like a house of cards. I looked all around and all the edges were flush. Neat. I glued and screwed it together and the next day the tops and bottoms had warped inward about 1/4" at the center. I had to build a little brace with a threaded rod to push them out when I glued the horn to the cabinet pieces. Those kits are sounding better all the time, but I'm learning.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7 PI profess'l series w / 10 in. mid plans
Next Topic: Midhorn/8pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 19:34:27 CDT 2024