Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » entertainment centers and speaker placement
Re: entertainment centers and speaker placement [message #44519 is a reply to message #44518] Wed, 28 April 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Gotcha now, Walter. I see what you mean now.

You're right that isn't ideal. But we do have to live in these spaces, not just setup our listening studios within them. So sometimes compromises have to be made.

Yours is a tough one. I'm not entirely comfortable with the nook area. If the speakers are bought out flush with the wall it might be OK, but they will be in freespace. That's good in that it gets you out away from the recessed area but bad in that speakers in freespace are usually pretty anemic.

One could possibly look around the room for an altogether different arrangement. You might find that the entertainment center could be placed on another wall and that the speakers could then be put in a better location. But it does look like the arrangement you have makes a neat layout, overall. You might be better served putting the speakers where you've shown, and pulling the system and speakers out so that they are flush with the wall that the nook is recessed into.

You might go with some tower two π speakers because I think they will work well for you sitting where you have shown. Do bring everything forward so your speakers are flush with the wall though. It will probably look really nice if the entertainment system and speakers are all flush, creating a wall of sight and sound.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi 4 differences/ whos using a 811B?
Next Topic: Which Diana Krall cd?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 00:30:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout