Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, what are you up to with the mag12?
Re: Wayne, what are you up to with the mag12? [message #44302 is a reply to message #44300] Sat, 03 April 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Erik from Holland is currently offline  Erik from Holland
Baron
Oke Wayne, thats one thing. But i thougt you where planning on designing a new sub. Since i really don`t have any kwnow-how of designing, but i do know how a good speaker works and what to ask from a sub, i thought to trow in some ideas..

Let me try to ask it this way:

Regular double 18" PA sub:
Much weight in speaker, much weight in wood, makes great stack, good output.

Labsub:
Reduced weight in speaker, much more wood, makes also great stack cause of the same size as double 18", much more output (if i believe the guys from LAB.

Pi-sub:
Reduced amount of speakers, troumendous amount of back-aching MDF, makes poor stack, good output; but not very common in use with drive-in shows.

Regular double 15" sub:
Reduced weight in speaker, less wood, makes poor stack, lacks in output on bigger events.

What i`m looking for:
Reduced weight in speaker (use mag12 speakers), reduced weight in wood (not horns as large as the labsub), Sizes that do make good stack (lets say something as single driver cabinets, wich you can stack 2 high and X-wide, +/- 2 meters high with the top-speakers on top), great output.

Would something like this be possible?

Kind Regards,

Erik

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message