Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » are Beyma Pro drivers any good for Hi-Fi? Comparable to JBL's?
thanks for the insight [message #44082 is a reply to message #44065] Sat, 28 February 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
adkins is currently offline  adkins
Chancellor
I have talked to the local dealer and they informed me that they feel that the G40 is much better than the LX60 (according to their own experience in a pro environment), I'll never know for sure since they don't stock the LX60 anymore and now am stuck with the 18G40, but I think I can live with a f3 of 32hz from the G40. I heard it compared to a P.Audio 18" driver with no comparison. Beyma is much smoother overall. I just called the dealer and reserved the ff:
18G40, 12G320, CP650ti (2" exit driver), CP25 and a TD400 horn. Now, I plan to slowly design and plan for my cabinet. All of these drivers and horns I got brand new for US$1,550. Is thiese prices reasonable? How much in US$ should I budget for my cabinets with a good wood stain finish?

Regarding cabinets? Can I build all of the drivers in one cabinet? Will the 18" back-air(air backwave) affect the 12" and the horns?

thanks adrian, I'll keep you posted.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: crossover
Next Topic: Passive Line Level Compensation Network?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 07:14:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio