Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » foam horns and heavy drivers
foam horns and heavy drivers [message #43679] Thu, 15 January 2004 17:19 Go to previous message
dr.joe is currently offline  dr.joe
Chancellor
Thank you all--Wayne especially--for an extremely informative forum!

I'm in the process of designing and building cabinets for a JBL system using Pi 800 Hz crossovers: 2235H woofer, 2445H mid-high, 2380A horn and (eventually) 2405H crossed over at perhaps 8 kHz.

First, I'd be grateful to learn of any JBL model that used the 2235 LF driver: being a technical ignoramus I'd prefer, for cabinet and port dimensions as well as for the drivers' positions on the baffle, to copy a JBL design, as they are much more likely to have "got it right" than I could ever hope to.

I can't seem to find anything on the Lansing Heritage website, but perhaps I've just missed it. . .

Second, this may be a really dumb question, but it seems to me that the 30+ lbs. 2445 compression driver really needs to be supported at least using the "structural foam" 2380 biradial horn. For mounting the driver/horn inside the cabinet, I am assuming one would have to have the 2445 resting on, or bluetacked to, something like a brace. Am I on the right track here?

Many thanks,

Joel Tatelman.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message