Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Eminence's new offerings
Eminence's new offerings [message #43668] Thu, 15 January 2004 11:32 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I went on the Eminence website today and noticed they have some new product out! The two units in particular that caught my interest were the Magnum 12" and the new ASD:1001 compression driver. It's nice to see they have a new compression driver, but I'm somewhat dissapointed about the direction Eminence has taken with this new unit. I was expecting a larger format compression driver with a 2" exit. Instead, the model seems to be largely similar to the PSD-2002. It has a "diamond titanium" diaphram which peaks my curiosity, but other then that, I don't know! It has superior high frequency output to the 2002 but inferior low end extension (Eminence recommends minimum xover of 2.5 kHz).

One thing I am impressed by is the Magnum 12". Overall, looks like a very solid driver, with frequency response linearity that puts the other Magnums to shame (presuming the graph is accurate). Looks like a promising driver.

Any thoughts or experience with these new offerings anyone?

Also, had one other side question... The Kappa and the Kappa Pro... I always thought the difference was a cast basket and some slightly tweaked t/s specs. Someone told me the Pro has a shorting ring built into the motor. Is this true>?

Adam

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: UHF driver selection suggestions and thoughts?
Next Topic: JBL 3678 Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 08:56:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout