Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Trying out a photo link
Re: Trying out a photo link [message #43539 is a reply to message #43528] Fri, 02 January 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
Hi Shawn,

Yes, they did, but the Delta 15A was actually more successful in the Theater 4 than in the Karlson enclosure. I retained the HF and crossover and just recently installed Delta Pros in the Ks. BTW, stuffing changes to your Bhorns were significant, I'll email you. Maybe carpool?

To answer wasteh202 and Adrian's questions, I've forgotten what stain I used, but the finish is 7 or 8 coats of Tung Oil finish rubbed in over the course of a week or so. It's the Formby's product which I think has some urethane in it. Comparing the two speakers is easy because they're so different, and I did it several times with different groups of people - The Bhorns make a wonderful soundstage when they're positioned right and have a very natural sound. Being single driver (and tiny), the coherency comes at the cost of extended range and power. The 4s sound like live music and are probably 8-10db more sensitive. They're very dynamic and don't seem to care what they're driven with - I've heard them with some beautiful 2 watt SE tube types and they had no trouble with my 200+ watt/ch Crown, but you need hearing protection at that level because it's around 120db. You also should secure small decorative objects and afterwards go around straightening out whatever pictures are still hanging on the walls.

I sold the cabs to a person who, like me, may be more interested in the journey than the destination and they might be available.

BTW, I built them such that I could pull the horns out, turn the cabs backwards into the corner and set the horns on top, sort of like the Theater 7 to gain bass response, which they did.

I think the NE Bot meet is the 24th at Steve's.

I'm glad the link works! Thanks for the interest.

John

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2PI towers - plans and impressions
Next Topic: Studio 2
Goto Forum: