Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » progess pics
Re: what kind of tweeter horn? [message #43445 is a reply to message #43444] Tue, 23 December 2003 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
stupid newbie is currently offline  stupid newbie
Chancellor
Wow! Bill Martinelli builds beautiful horns!! I thought that mine were coming along rather well 'till loking at those. Theory is one thing, but craftsmanship is an art. An equation may be worth a thousand pictures, but those pictures(of Bill's horns) are priceless. I almost wish I could just buy some, but I'd still be disappointed in myself for not building some so, here I go. Thanks for your ideas. My Corals seem to have approx 45 deg round flare. They sound really good, but I had to use them to replace blown tweeters in some cabinets my uncle left me in his will, and those things fit perfectly and sound better than the originals. Right now I'm using some magnavox horns on the upper end of these, but they're way too loud and not very extended on the upper end. I don't really want to use any resistors in my tweeter crossover. I'm such an idealist, I hate to comprimise. Unfortunately that's all speaker building is--choosing your comprimises. so I think I'll just stick with my Magnavoxs for now anyway untill I get the rest of the bugs worked out of my system. Then I'll probably just buy what I'm looking for. I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to. Thanks alot for your input! It really helps alot. I wish I was smart enough to actually come up with some good ideas for you smart people, but I'm still a stupid newbie. Give me a couple of years.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: JBl 2235
Next Topic: It Never Stops! How about PSD2002 in 2PI Towers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 10:12:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio