Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » progess pics
what kind of tweeter horn? [message #43442 is a reply to message #43435] Mon, 22 December 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
stupid newbie is currently offline  stupid newbie
Chancellor
Adrian(or any of you other speaker gurus), I'm building a similiar project(built around a similiar midrange anyway, Im going to use an old magnavox 15" Alnico woofer for a while in an OB 'tll I build my bass horns),I was wondering what kind of tweeter are you going to use? I really wanted to build A conical tweeter with the same radiation pattern, but I've never seen a conical tweeter used. I do have a set of Coral tweeters that use a semiconical horn, but the mouth is rounded over(they reside in another speaker now). Currently I'm using some exponential magnavox horns with a 3"X9" mouth and alnico magnets. I damped the metal lens and it sounds pretty good(need some serious crossover work though--and I don't want to put the time into it if there is a better design out there that I can afford), but I really like the sound of the Corals and my midranges better. I don't know if its the shape of the lens, or the quality of the drivers. Do you think conicals would be worth the try? Thanks in advance for any input, I appreciate it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: JBl 2235
Next Topic: It Never Stops! How about PSD2002 in 2PI Towers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 00:51:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio