Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Infinity DVC Watkins woofer
Forget the infinitys! I have a better project!! (jbls) [message #43371 is a reply to message #43370] Sun, 14 December 2003 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnH is currently offline  JohnH
Esquire
A friend convinced to make something worthwhole with the drivers i have.

i have an unopened pair of jbl 2235 in box along with a pair of jbl Me-120. The Me-120 are the little brother to the Me-150 used in one of the K2 everest speakers. Jbl didn't run full T/S testing on them so i will probably do trial and error with them.

however, you guys could help me a lot with the pair of jbl 2235. At this link it says dual 2235s were used in a 10ft enclosure then tuned to 20hz. i assume this is in an EBS alignment. would there be an added benefit giving each driver 10-16 cubic feet of space and still tuning it twenty why only 5ft. i want a solid twenty and 16hz at the -3 or 5 db point with room rise

how does the EBS alignment compared to sealed and reflex systems. I usually prefer sealed systems for their transient response but i heard the 2235 handles and controls it self very well in ported applications so the bass is still tight.
i will probably crossing over to the 2235 at 50 or 60 at the most probably a little lower
thanks for all the help. i'm just getting into serious speaker building

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Apocalypse!
Next Topic: Worlds Best Loudspeakers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 13:16:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations