Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Big day of measurements and stuff, long post
Tamed the peak down [message #43366 is a reply to message #43365] Sun, 14 December 2003 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Played around today with back chambers mostly, with a bit of luck I got this.

The 750Hz peak is tamed down quite a fair bit. Using another sized back chamber, size of a bucket or so, this happened:

That dip around 1KHz is filled in a little bit. The compartment which the horn will be installed in within my tower, I have a feeling that size is going to tame the peak a little bit further still.

Overall I am very happy with the outcome now. Looks like I'll have to cross around ~600Hz, possibly a little bit higher. It will be actively crossed using Behringer CX-2300/4th order LR filter, its got adjustable xover freq in case I fiddle more and get more low end out of it.

Since I used compression ring to get it down to 80mm diameter throat from 110mm, and I am gonna keep using 80mm as thats what I want; When I build a pair for it, do you think I should just make one more horn like this one with 110mm and use the comp ring to get it to 80mm. Or should I make two new horns with a real 80mm throat from the beginning? The dispersion could be a little wider using proper 80mm diameter throat (because I can get a little bigger wall angle), but I dont want to risk it not working right. Which should I build?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: All JBLPRO and Altec Home Theatre (almost) Hubba-Hubba!
Next Topic: Apocalypse!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 16:59:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout