Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help needed for old JBL D131 and new mr/tw horn
Re: Help needed for old JBL D131 and new mr/tw horn [message #43325 is a reply to message #43324] Wed, 10 December 2003 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jonathan Z is currently offline  Jonathan Z
Esquire
I had misunderstood. I had read your paper on crossovers and thought that is said that pi aligned speakers were 2nd order roll off for the LP and 3rd for the HP. I guess that was only referencing the crossover used in some of your speakers.

I understood the advantages of choosing those slopes to be less interference between the drivers across a given 3d space. That seems attractive; however, I'd have to move the xover up higher.

Can you give advice on how much of a difference this makes in sound quality and whether you think it would be worth the trade off in potential MR behaviour? See addtl. data below.

I have listened to the Radian driver and DDS waveguide and it sounds good w/ the LR 4th order at 800hz. I will not go lower though. With the D131, the JBL folks claim it goes up to 5K; however, I've not measured it yet (I'm helping someone out of my area). Given its a 12" w/ large aluminum dustcap, I'm expecting some nasty break up modes on the way to 5K. Certainly when I've listened to the system as is, the MR clarity is rather poor.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Eight months in the making and still not done, but:
Next Topic: Hmmmm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 06 16:39:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio