Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Are Pi's suitable for Hi-fi?
Re: Yes. [message #42826 is a reply to message #42825] Tue, 28 October 2003 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
First, I'm not sure everyone means the same thing by "HiFi". To me, it harkens back to the golden tube era of the late 1950s, when it was tube amps and big bass reflex speakers and the LPs sounded great on them compared to what had gone before. In that sense, big sound and great dynamics, they definitely qualify.

In an audiophile sense, Pi's are fine also. Array speakers can produce some great bass, but have their issues also. Like most things, it's not always the type of the design, but how well each particular model is implemented. I have Pi 2s, and have done several upgrades on my system, but the Pi's still haven't hit the wall yet. They sound very good, especially for their price range. I get a lot of compliments on them.

Just cause speakers are used for PAs and professional apps doesn't make them substandard- probably the exact opposite. These are very demanding apps, much more than home use. Most Eminence and JBLs will blow the doors off of the drivers used in most of the so-called audiophile speakers in most stores.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 3 Way conversion.
Next Topic: Eminence v P-Audio drivers... comments please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 21:30:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects