Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Titanium compression drivers - can't seem to get good sound!!
Re: Titanium compression drivers - can't seem to get good sound!! [message #42397 is a reply to message #42396] Mon, 08 September 2003 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Hey Rob,

Titanium itself isn't whats making it sound bad. Dont forget your dealing with cheap chinese stuff here, most of which is poor quality. If your using Waynes Pi Crossover its possible that your horn flares dont provide the right curve.

I use P.Audio PA-D45's, which are titanium diaphram devices. They sound excellant. From memory the PA-D72's are the 2" diaphram version of mine, which are 1", and both retail pretty expensive. I have not used the P.Audio 2380 horn flares, but I think thats a JBL model number and is probably a copy of theirs. I've heard some pretty good things about this flare from P.Audio though, I think, I'll check later to see if it is the one.

Have you got a link to these compression drivers on the internet? I'd like to see exactly what these Soundking comp drivers are like.

In any case, I can only say good things about the P.Audio stuff. I use the PA-D45's on JBL 2370 horn flares. Titanium diaphrams, but sound awesome!

Adrian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: WAYNE, help required for pi crossover
Next Topic: How to ID strange capacitor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 14:08:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio