Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Great Plains Audio Club Meeting
Re: Great Plains Audio Club Meeting [message #42391 is a reply to message #42388] Mon, 08 September 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Phil Wilson is currently offline  Phil Wilson
Chancellor
Great write-up Wayne! Glad you got the pictures to work (I just got your emails this morning).

I'm glad everyone had a good time. It was a blast having everyone over and getting to hear everything. Wayne didn't spend much time talking about his system, and I know the folks on this BB know how good his speakers are, but I was really impressed by those little 2 Pi's. I was banging myself in the head when he left because I forgot to hook up my Zen to them (which was the main thing I wanted to do when we got this whole thing started!) and I can't wait to do that. On the Paramour's they were outstanding - wide soundstage, much deeper bass and just a beautiful presentation. I have grown accustomed to the mids and highs on my Fostex's, but I really wasn't missing bass until I heard Wayne's speakers in my house. Now I am.

I didn't even know Pi speakers existed until after I got my Fostex system. My whole philosophy was no crossover, full-range when I was setting up my system and I really love the current implementation, but I am pretty sure that I will build a set of Wayne's speakers sometime soon. If the Zen can drive the 7 Pi's I would love to try those, but I'll probably end up doing one with a "friendlier" load (the Zen cranks out about 1.8 watts). I feel fortunate to have met Wayne and hope to learn more from him about speakers.

Great meeting everyone and can't wait until the next meeting! Phil.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message