Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hi Bill and others. I think I've got it fixed now :-) Plz check!
Re: Hi Bill and others. I think I've got it fixed now :-) Plz check! [message #41844 is a reply to message #41840] Wed, 09 July 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Bill,

What I was actually gonna do, is have the bass section in its own compartment. Thats only because for the top half of the back of the enclosure, I would like the back removeable, so that I can access the back of my midrange horn should I need to get to the Alpha 6 (the horn cant be removed from the front because its a wooden one I am making~!). I guess, if I could make the back secured really well, then I could forget about the seperate compartment. I'm thinking the back would probably rattle heaps though if there wasn't a seperate bass compartment with a permantly secured back. Because of that I think the seperate section is probably the only way.

Yep, the midrange horn has a back chamber and wouldn't interfere with the woofer operation if it was used in the same compartment. The horn itself might restrict air flow within the box, because it takes up quite a large area of it. Probably not going to be a problem though, at least not as large as the other problem above.

How do you think the 2235's will go living in a 70L 30Hz tuned box? I do have a good sub, but still I'd like to be able to get a lower -3db point than 40Hz when placed in a room seeing as the driver is very capable of bottom octave extension, but thats about the best I can do with 70L. I guess anyway if it was tuned any lower, then the large excursions at ~20Hz would make it difficult for the driver to reproduce 400Hz at the same time which requires only small cone movement/excursions.

Adrian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: :-)
Next Topic: Cherry Pi Photos