Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Five Pi cornerhorns
Five Pi cornerhorns [message #41714] Fri, 27 June 2003 04:17 Go to previous message
Erik Johansson is currently offline  Erik Johansson
Viscount
I know this subject has been discussed before (I've spent a LOT of hours searching the forum) but still, I think it would be interesting for those of us with pretty small rooms, to bring it up for a more detailed discussion.

I've looked at the pictures at the pipics site of the beautiful Theater Five Pi cornerhorns based on the Delta 10 driver and the owner even said that they worked great with his 12W tube amp (I'll be using 30W of push-pull EL34 power) too! So more information on these horns would be of great interest for me. What I have been waiting for for a long time now has happened too. A store here in Sweden has begun selling the entire Eminence line at prices that compete even with the american prices. The PSD2002 cost about US $60 for example.

All this has once again brought my interest toward the Pi line of speakers and now I also have a room where I can use cornerhors, so a pair of nice, small, Eminence-based cornerhorns would be great. The Theater 6 Pi would definately work, but even they are pretty large for my room so that's what brought my interest towards the Theater 5 Pi. Did these custom speakers use the PSD2002? Are there any plans available for them or do I need to try to "run the numbers" through pialign? The problems I have with pialign is to know how much bigger than the suggested size I should make the cabinets to compensate for volume displacement.

Of course a pair of Eminence Alpha based speakers would also be interesting, but the Delta line just "feels" a bit better. ;-)

After reading about how well the Arezzo 12 speakers worked with tube amps, the Delta line looks even better.

/Erik

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi 7 plans
Next Topic: New / speaker plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 18:42:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects