Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » triamp Q for Wayne
Matching directivity [message #41644 is a reply to message #41634] Tue, 17 June 2003 08:31 Go to previous message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Hi Sam,
I can't find polar response plots for 511-B but that would really help because you have the 2404 above it. Your 2404's are rock solid off axis and you can guarantee that the 511-B's have narrowing dispersion as they near the top octave. It would be a shame to have all those killer horns with a big hole off axis. I think your right on with your 5-7KHz guess. Look at it this way. The 2404 has constant directivity above 7KHz, and has a real nice transition in directivity from 4 to 7Khz. Crossing the 511-B at 5 or so should put you where the Altec is starting to narrow and you 2404 is starting to go constant. This gives a nice transition in off axis directivity as well as on and off axis frequency response. You are still getting nearly a decade of output from your 511-B(which is remarkable really).

I will bet you have a meter and some way to make test tones from 4 KHz up. The measurements wouldn't be something I'd publish, but I think you could find where the the 511-B starts to narrow. Really though, you can't lose at 5 or 6Khz.
Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Concern frequency response 16Khz?
Next Topic: wedge for corner horns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 06 18:56:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout