Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Concern frequency response 16Khz?
I think you will like them [message #41630 is a reply to message #41627] Sun, 15 June 2003 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
I see I like some of the same tunes you do, and dynamic wide range music is where the Pi's are the most fun. Thats what they do best.

If pianos covered 10 octaves, the range from 16 to 20Khz would be the last 3 white keys. (not a lot)

If being close to a TV set still bothers you, thats 15Khz. the hetrodyne squeal from behind the picture tube actually hurt my ears when I was young. It quit bothering me after 3 or 4 concerts. If a TV squealing doesn't bother you, I would say your acuity there is getting low and I wouldn't worry about the last half of the top octave too much. You aint gettin' it tweeters or not. There is something to be said for that air up there. If I play real loud I can still hear it, but it isn't pretty from most mass production recordings and players, so I can live without it.

Reviews and advertisements can make us feel like we all have the ears of a bat. If you are young you might, but if you have been to a few loud clubs or concerts, slammin' car systems, drove the highway with windows down often or worked any place louder than Kinkos, you are probably already losing a bit off the top. Americans adults who hear decent at 20KHz are seriously in the minority.

Oh! I have owned and sold a lot of nice speakers. I put hopped up Acoustats in the closet to make room for the Pi's.
Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Wayne, what's wrong with you?
Next Topic: triamp Q for Wayne
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 31 12:27:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout