Home » Audio » General » Review of the i84 amp by Vista Audio
Re: Review of the i84 amp by Vista Audio [message #4152 is a reply to message #4151] Thu, 29 March 2007 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks for pointing that out, Steve. Glad you like the review overall.

You are right, the Sophia may require a larger voltage input in order to provide the 10 watts it advertises. I used what I consider a standard CD player in the review, so it is extremely likely that a consumer buying one amp over the other would experience similar results when listening to the two amplifiers, (in other words they may need a source with a larger voltage output signal, or some sort of preamp with the Sophia). I could have been more precise in my statements, but hey, it's printed now!

Contrary to what you said, a lot of reviewers are not technically inclined. SO a lot of reviewers may not know that Power = VI = V^2/R.

My goal in writing these reviews is to approach it from the point of view of the majority of audiophiles, (i.e., not impress others with my technical knowledge but attempt to communicate how the product performs in a real world environment for an audiophile who may not remember much about electrical circuits but still likes to listen to well reproduced music).
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message