Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Compression Drivers arrived !!!
Re: Compression Drivers arrived !!! [message #41484 is a reply to message #41482] Sat, 24 May 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Hey Wayne.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out tomorow. It probably would sound a fair bit better once the right crossover is built of course.

Just going back to the power handling post, you told me that parts express has 100W and 200W non-inductive resistors, but the only 100/200W resistors I could find on their website (and 2002 catalogue) are the "dummy load" ones which I dont think you should use for circuits, just test applications. Or did I just miss them?

I have been reading the power distribution section in PiAlign.doc. It seems to be that I need to calculate the impedance at the freq in the middle of the target frequency range of each driver.

It says to use the series calculations for the woofer/inductor and tweeter/capacitor circuit at 100Hz and 10KHz (for the example). Formula is Zt=Z1+Z2+Z2 and so on, but I dont understand where the frequency comes into that.... so basically, can you help me calculate series impedance at the two freqs for the woofer and tweeter circuits?

The part on parallel impedance also asks it for 100Hz and 10KHz, using the Zt series calculation results from the preceeding part. Again, I dont understand how to do this for the same reason.

Say I want the crossover example given in PiAlign.doc to handle 100W, to find the power rating of the inductor, and voltage of the capacitor required to handle 100W, should I calculate the voltage across the system, or the maximum voltage requirements?

Thanks!
Adrian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: wayne - theatre 7 crossover question
Next Topic: Suggestions for horn sub needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 08:12:05 CDT 2024