Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Anyone using bigger Pis for home theatre?
Re: Anyone using bigger Pis for home theatre? [message #41469 is a reply to message #41465] Fri, 23 May 2003 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Oh yes!
I remember when I first completed my Theater 4's. That was about the time that Wayne was speaking often of the Matrix as a good demonstration. Of course there was great sound and those crazy clean dynamics that actually startle you. I have no way of knowing how much power I was using, but I can attest that the gunshots seemed near live level through the Adcom 5400. Just set the volume for clear dialog and hold on for the ride. I see why Wayne likes this demo. The sound can really pin you to the couch, and it's a great movie. Since then I have gotten a lot more into video. I think the poor dynamics of my old speakers actually hurt the fun factor. In hindsight I do remember enjoying "films" more than movies with the old room dividers, er, speakers. Could have been the sound. It was like having a TV monitor that has poor contrast and can't do bright colors. Speaking of which I have to get a better TV now. I have also noticed that regular cable is more enjoyable with meaty speakers. While it is compressed compared to DVD, There is still better vocal intelligibility and that quick punch needed for realistic sound effects. You gotta them big Pi's!
Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Audiophile Series
Next Topic: wayne - theatre 7 crossover question
Goto Forum: