Home » Audio » General » Review of the i84 amp by Vista Audio
Re: Good review [message #4136 is a reply to message #4135] Sun, 25 March 2007 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Shane,
Thanks for your post.
The strong point of the 12B4 in my opinion are the highs...they are very very clear. When i run it as the amp for the tweeter at 3500Hz plus in a triampe dsystem I run, the highs are very very clear.
it also has good midrange. It has OK bass, IMHO, until it is pushed (like on a dynamic bass heavy track) where it quickly runs out of steam. But that is not what it was built for, so that's fine.
Overall, it's a very good amp, and right now, in my triamplified stephens trusonic based system, is sounding very very good in the highs..in fact putting this amp in this 3500 hz plus area has made me realize what a difference excellent highs can make in a system, in terms of clarity and air and general believability of realism.
Just my 2 cents...the performance of the amp will differ of course given the PM, the other components & the room, not to mention the subjective tastes of the listener.
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message