Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Bmar...can you please explain how to achieve that beautiful finish again?
Self immolation and Goopethane [message #41017 is a reply to message #41013] Wed, 16 April 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Good warning to tyros but old news. Yeah, boiled somehow means heavy metal driers have been added, usually. Behlen and Sutherland Welles do only use heat, however and that is more accurately known as polymerised. Ditto for Tried and True which is 50/50 polymerised Linseed and beeswax which I have commented on before. Great stuff.
Quick disposal of rages is in a water-filled baggie. The landfill is on fire anyway.LOL!
Polyurethane? Not on my work!
Can't fix it, can't remove it and looks like plastic. Not gonna dine or let your kids fingerpaint on your speakers, are you?
Another however, however. Minwax brand wiping poly is close to the sheen of varnish. Not as plasticky. I did a white oak table top with it a while back and looked good. Needed the protection. Client was going to fingerpaint on it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Group Delay Calculation Formula
Next Topic: Linn
Goto Forum: