Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Horn Designs for brand X drivers
Couple of questions [message #40781 is a reply to message #40780] Sun, 30 March 2003 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bass Trouble is currently offline  Bass Trouble
Esquire
Okay, my computer downloaded the program succesfully (I think, it said 4 files or items unzipped, so I hope there is only 4), but I need to know for a front loaded horn, with a sealed chamber for the sub, what am I looking for? Finite or infinite horn, single tractrix, exponential flare segments, or hyperbolic-exponential, conical or tractrix, ummm lets see, for the horn flare parameters there are catenoidal,cosh,exponential, sinh, and conical. Couple other things I can't quite remember off the top of my head that I have never heard of in my life until now. I will use this program as suggested to me, but for a sub only horn settup, what is a preffered design (with a sealed enclosure for the back of the woofer) as far as all that stuff I mentioned goes? I can build any sealed, ported, or bandpass box you want, but this is more complicated than I ever imagined. I thought transmission line stuff was sophisticated!! Size is not of a concern as long as the overall height is no higher than 8 feet and no more than 44 inches wide. These will be built where they will stay in the room. I am aiming for the most spl down to at least 25 hz response at the highest spl levels possible, preffering flat or boosted response at the 25 to 30 hz frequency area. I have much to learn now, just tell me what flare style and which design I want, and maybe some tips to help me understand all this. In the mean while I will be looking up all this new lingo. I've heard the CV Earthquakes before, what design are they? Thanks again

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2 Pi Tower Review on enjoythemusic.com <nt>
Next Topic: Sub enclosure for 10" mid within bass cab.? Bmar? Wayne?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 04 19:12:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio