Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » P.Audio SD-450 N on JBL 2370 Bi-Radial Horn with Wayne Parhams compensation circuit
Re: Radial horns [message #40396 is a reply to message #40393] Sun, 23 February 2003 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Hey Bill. Just figured out your the Martinelli Sound guy, lol, nice work on the horns! They look very nice, I bet they sound great also. I've just been looking at the price list and it seems what I need to attach the compression driver to the horn is a throat flange (is this all I need?). And by the looks of it the AT-1 and AT-2 models you have are both for 1" drivers, and the AT-3 is for 2". Out of the 1" models, which would you reccomend?

Are the prices in US dollars? Each flange for 1"ers is US$135... a bit high for me, I'm in australia so converted around AU$270 or something + postage. But I cant resist the look of the wood horns! So many decisions......

I've seen your main speakers on the site using the 15" 2226H, and the 8" horn loaded speaker (oh yea what brand/model are these?) and 1" compression driver. Awesome! But how did you horn load the 8", do you need throat flanges etc? From the pic, it looks like the whole cone is visible, I dont understand how the horn does anything for it!

Do you think a scanspeak 8" would work well horn loaded? They make some pretty powerful drivers I hear, plus I can get them locally.

BTW: The insturctions on making the horn on your site, I believe it goes to 800Hz or something, what dispersion pattern is this? (90x40 degrees?). I also noticed there were no measurements for the wood there! Makes it a bit difficult for me to build! Thought it might just be you dont want to give away your ideas, etc, thats ok i understand!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message