Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » P.Audio SD-450 N on JBL 2370 Bi-Radial Horn with Wayne Parhams compensation circuit
Re: Radial horns [message #40384 is a reply to message #40383] Sun, 23 February 2003 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Wayne. Since a dual throat adapter will need to be used if stacking, the one compression driver will be used for two horns (I think). I've heard that this can increase distortion?

On radial horns where the horizontal and vertical dispersion pattern is the same (like 60 x 60 degrees etc) are these suitable for the compensation circuit of yours? As radial horns dont add any garbage to the response (or something!) so your circuit will work good with them, I am wondering if a horn like this will suit it as well (its still radial). That way I wouldn't need to stack them, or spend money on extra horns and a dual throat adapter. But I've also seen that 90 x 40 degree are the best dispersion pattern.

Just another note on the 2" compression driver, the response curve shows the high end response to be similar to comparable 1" compression drivers I've seen, with the compensation circuit making even better (like duh!). This is all on paper though, I dont have any experience with sorts of drivers, I actually want them to cover 500Hz to 20KHz (the JBL 2370 is 630Hz lowest I think which is close enough :) I've found graphs of 1" compression drivers that shows it going flat down to 500Hz, but the manufacture still states a resopnse from like 1.5K to 20KHz! Why's this? I'm thinking it might be best to go with a 2" driver, but I'd like to hear what you have to say on this! For the graph example this page here http://www.paudio-europe.com/products/db_product.htm?v_tipo=2&v_tipo_desc=DRIVERS&v_num_series=6&v_des_series=BM-SERIES&v_id_art=42 As you can see the specs say 1.5KHz-18KHz but the graph shows it going to 500Hz!

Thanks! Adrian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message