Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » P.Audio SD-450 N on JBL 2370 Bi-Radial Horn with Wayne Parhams compensation circuit
P.Audio SD-450 N on JBL 2370 Bi-Radial Horn with Wayne Parhams compensation circuit [message #40378] Sat, 22 February 2003 21:02 Go to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey everyone. I'm thinking of using either the P.Audio SD-450 N or BM-D440 compression driver on a JBL 2370 Bi-Radial Horn. I would use Wayne Parham's compensation circuit after reading a lot of posts from him it looks like it works pretty good. Just wondering if I will recieve any troubles with this, or if the P.Audio's are really the ones to use or not. P.Audio stuff is pretty expensive in the USA, but here in Australia it is priced a lot better :) and theres not really any range available in australia and I would like to steer clear of orderering from the US because of high shipping prices. I can get the JBL 2370 bi-radial horns for AU$50 a piece (so about US$25 each ) which is pretty good to me. My goal is a smooth response, high efficieny, with wide dispersion and good clarity.

I've also considered building a bi-radial horn myself from wood after reading an article found here http://www.woodhorn.com/horn.htm that describes how. When making the horn, how do I construct it fr say 90 x 40 degree dispersion? Is it that the angles have to be 90 and 40 degrees, or is there more to it than that?

Are radial and bi-radial horns the same thing?

Thanks in advance for any type of feedback.... even if you dont know what your talking about anything would be cool :)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message